Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trek Across The World: Day 3

Update on yesterday: I caught a shuttle bus from the hotel at 7:00 am, re-went through the luggage check-in and security and caught my flight at 9:05. I landed right on time at about 12:20 in the afternoon and was super excited because the view, from the plane at least, was fantastic! So upon landing, I became aware that basically all of the airport staff spoke only Spanish, so going through Customs was a tad scary. But, I made it (: 
Martita was the lady from JUCUM (YWAM) who picked me up, after my searching and waiting around in a place where I knew no one and no one could really help me..so it was such a relief to see her! Moises, our taxi driver was very nice and brought us to our final destination (finally!) which, surprisingly, is out of Managua and up in a smaller city in the mountains...simply gorgeous.

My first full day here...
Today I had the morning to recuperate and just relax and do kind of whatever I felt like doing. The girls I am rooming with have to be up early for school in the morning to I was up and getting ready around 8:00 am. I spent the morning reading my Bible as well as a fantastic book that Jaci gave me. After getting bored of reading I decided to see of the ladies in the kitchen needed help making lunch. So, I ended up helping them cut up veggies for the salad and wash dishes. After a delicious lunch I was taken in to the city to exchange my money, and I was given a little info about it and a brief outline of where different places were located, although those didn't stick. 
When we returned, I helped Nati paint the desks for the school, it took all afternoon! Finally, around dinnertime, I headed in full of paint. Then after dinner I got to go back in to the town to buy some breakfast foods (since the 6:30 am breakfast here is much too early for me to start my day!) that I can keep in a personal kitchen and make my own foods if I wish to. Now, this evening, I have some free time to do as I please, as will I just about every night. My Spanish has already gotten better just from yesterday to today and I know it will continue to. Also, I am just so happy about the relationships that I am already forming with the people here (: I am continually see the power and importance of prayer and praise to our God Most High! I cannot wait for what He still has in store.


My dirty feet after an afternoon of painting...icky.


"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen. It gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1

Love,
Hanna Linden

1 comment: