Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trek Across The World: Day 16

Updates:
February 16, 2011: Day 11
The days are less stressful after realizing that my main purpose with the kids is to show them God's love. Each day, somehow, seems to get better and better as I see Jesus in everything and He is always present. Also, I skyped with Brin which was probably a highlight of today.



February 17, 2011: Day 12
I sat in on some of the DTS classes today which were fantastic, about sin. I am getting much closer and building better relationships with the people here at the base too, which I love. We are all here for the same purpose after all, to love God and make Him known to others.

February 18, 2011: Day 13
On this Friday, I awoke thinking I didn't have school because children's ministry started, but actually I did have school in the morning only. After all of the people filtered out of the base from the afternoon, I showed one little boy the photo booth on my computer...well, a few pictures with one boy soon turned in to tons of pictures with a bunch of people.
Fun With Photo Booth:



                                     



February 19, 2011: Day 14
Today we spent a day at the beach. This would include filling a 15 passenger van with close to 30 people on the way there, as well as riding a bus home that was packed at about capacity times 1.5; I literally could not move and my neck was smashed against the baggage rack, but hey, that's all part of the experience right? Also, it was one of the guys last night here so we went out for dessert and cacau (the best chocolate drink ever; I've been told it's Nicaragua in a drink form)




February 20, 2011: Day 15
Today was a good day of church, a little site seeing (just a beautiful Catholic church) and doing more laundry (: I actually really enjoy doing my laundry here, the old fashioned way of scrubbing in a basin and hanging them out on the line to dry. Also, my time here is half way done. But I can't keeping looking at it that way because I know that God has so much more planned for me still to come.



February 21, 2011: Day 16
My second week of school began today! I am loving it soo much and the kids are growing more and more find of me, at least I think. All of the girls especially...they all run to hold my hand when walking from place to place, goodness they are so cute. Que mas? I went in to the town for the first time semi on my own, just with a girl who assists with the afternoon pre-school class; that was kind of exciting. 


I don't want to leave, but the exciting news is that my family is going to try to plan a visit here if we are able to go on vacation this coming Christmas. I would love to see everyone again. 
Es todo por ahora.
Adios.
Please keep me in your prayers. Much love.

"You did not choose Me but I chose you."
John 15:16


Love,
Hanna Linden

4 comments:

  1. Bo, you are so brave and such a light of hope and love in the world. Can't wait to hear more when you get home.
    Love, Marsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Han! Love you girl & I am praying for the work God is doing in your heart and thru your hands,feet,and voice :) May you be encouraged in His grace and love!
    Love,
    Mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanuh B., my amazing daughter!! I am so blessed that God has given me such a beautiful masterpiece to light my life and the lives of so many! I miss you dearly but it's so amazing to see how He is working in and thru you!! Love, Momma XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete