Monday, February 28, 2011

Trek Across The World: Day 22

SO...
This is the first day of my last week here.

But I need to do some
Updates from the week

February 22, 2011: Day 17
This day brought about some realizations from my past and some good connections that I had never before made. My heart aches for the people that I hold close to my heart that don't know Jesus when I know they need them; I suppose that I where I am asking God to use me
A verse that captivated me:
"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect." Hebrews 11:40

February 23, 2011: Day 18
Tonight was a Glee night. Once or twice a week I go with three other people to one guys house and we watch Glee and eat junk food, it's a good time. School is going so good, I just love those kids...and I am getting better at comprehending their pre-schooler Spanish.


imgres.jpg

February 24, 2011: Day 19
Today nothing super fantastic or overly amazing happened (at least not according to my journal). However, each day is just another day that God has given me the ability to be here and spend my time learning and growing and teaching and bonding. So today was still another good day (:

February 25, 2011: Day 20
I received two packages from my family today, it was like Christmas! They were packed with goodies and stuff for the ninos. My big feat from today was exercising for the first stinkin' time since I have been here! I ran, and ran some more, and got bit in the butt by our stupid base dogs; that's what I get for being proactive. Ha.

February 26, 2011: Day 21
Today was by far the biggest adventure since I have been here. I climbed a volcano (SO hard!) and went zip-lining. I will let some pictures speak for themselves...however, pictures don't really do something that amazing much justice.












February 27, 2011: Day 22
One week left. Plans for this Sunday were a little back and forth and a little last minute, but that is Nicaragua for you. I ended up going to the bario Bible study with Martita but it was my turn to lead. I felt that Romans chapter 8 would be a really good chapter to share and discuss with the women; a verse that I really love from this chapter:
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. "

The rest of the day was just spent doing laundry, cleaning and trying to relax my very tired legs from the weekend's events.

Love,
Hanna Linden

2 comments:

  1. Hanna Banana! I am sitting in history class right now and when I read that you got bit in the butt by a dog I had to try my hardest not to laugh out loud! (: Loveee you! <3 You come home in 5 dayys! My birthday is in 5 dayys! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romans 8 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible with one of my favorite verses! :D

    "for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live." Romans 8: 13

    ReplyDelete