Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trek Across The World: Day 10

Successful Sunday

 Today was a good day. 
1. Sunday morning church and fantastic worship in Spanish that I actually understood !
2. I washed my own clothes...the old fashioned way, in a wash basin and hung out on the line to dry !


3. Home-made guacamole !




First Day of School
The first day of school was actually kind of stressful for me, I am always nervous about my English class and what and how I am going to teach. Today, however, I was reading my bible before class began, and God really just spoke to my heart reassuring me that the most important thing that I can teach these children is about the crazy love of God. And even if I am not directly teaching them, everything I do can reflect the love of our Lord. After that reassurance, my class today was SO much better and the remainder of my time here has obtained a new purpose. I just have to love these kids like God loves them. 



And, this afternoon I went along with the DTS and the School of the Bible to do a Bible distribution. In total we gave out about 30 or 40 Bibles to different homes around the city. Praise God for His work through us today !



A fantastic verse from today:
"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” exodus 14:14

Love,
Hanna Linden




No comments:

Post a Comment